Locally-agreed best practice clinical pathways between primary and secondary care for NSW clinicians.
Select your local region or the region for which you need information about clinical pathways or services.
About NSW HealthPathways
- HealthPathways is an online health information portal for junior doctors, general practitioners, hospital specialists, nurses, and community and allied health providers.
- HealthPathways provides clear, concise information on how to assess and manage >500 medical conditions, and how to refer patients to local specialists and services including referral criteria and contact information.
- Pathways are written by local specialists and local GPs and include information for patients, reference materials, and educational resources.
- The sites are dynamic, with new pathways constantly under development and existing pathways regularly reviewed in light of changing evidence, technology, and local circumstances.
- HealthPathways regions are publicly funded and supported by local health districts and primary health networks, and are free from commercial bias.
- HealthPathways are not designed to be used by patients or general community members and the pathways do not require patient information to be entered.