Saving search results
As you develop search strategies you may want to save them for later use or further development. You can do this by logging into your personal Ovid account, storing your search, logging off, and then accessing your search history at a later time without having to create the entire search again.
Searches can be saved as temporary (24 hours), permanent, or automated alert searches (AutoAlerts).
AutoAlerts allow you to:
- Receive notification when new records match your search criteria
- Receive notification when new records get added to the AutoAlert's database/s
- Receive notification on a schedule that you define
- Remove duplicate records from results of current and historical runs of an AutoAlert
- Suspend and unsuspend AutoAlerts as necessary
Once you have created a search you would like to keep, select Save or Save All and then use the drop down box (Type) on the save page. If you would like to have your search re-run automatically (as new material becomes available), select AutoAlert as the save Type and follow the prompts.